Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Dec 21, 2009, 3:59 AM   #1
Default Err message - due to cold weather?

Hi all.

Still getting used to my new S3 Pro. One slight scare this week. I shot some snowy scenes here in Kent, England this week as snow is a rarity.

Whilst I was out and about the camera showed an "Err" message in the top LCD plate. Before the error message showed, the camera did make a buzzing\whining noise after each shutter press. . Although the CF activity light blinked when I got home most of the shots of the last 20 mins weren't captured.

The temp was about 0 Centigrade (32 F) and I was out for about 40 minutes.

Could it have been the cold? After being at home for an hour I was able to set the dial to M and snap a shot without the buzzing or error message
darragh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2009, 8:07 AM   #2

I don't think the cold was the cause. I routinely shoot in our very cold winters, and have no problems. One possibility: high humidity causing freezing.
neilcrichton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:36 AM   #3

Thanks Neil. you know what it's like - you buy something off ebay and spend the next few weeks worrying if you've bought a dud.

I did come from a warm and humid house straight to the outside so there may have been condensation internally.

I've also just done a Discharge on the batteries that came with the camera - should have done it first thing but just charged them up and went shooting.

Seems to be behaving itself now but haven't been outside again yet.
darragh is offline   Reply With Quote