Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Dec 30, 2003, 5:53 AM   #1
Default RAW EX CONVERTER software

I have been the happy owner of a Fuji S2 PRO digital SLR for a few days now but reading forums as well as Thom Hogan's Raw converter comparison I discovered that the best sofware for transfering raw files is the dedicated Fujifilm EX Converter.
It is supposed to deliver much better results than Photoshop 8.0 CS raw converter which I have been using until now.
The problem is that in Europe this sofware is not sold "in the box" with the camera like it is in the United States and it costs a fortune bought separately (around $200).
Is it worth this amount of money considering the fact that it is free in several countries ?
This is why I take the liberty to ask to American members who have this software if they could manage to send a copy to me.
Of course I should take shipping in charge.
Thanks a lot in advance,
bobober is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2003, 7:25 AM   #2

The Fuji EX Convertor does indeed come with the US version of the camera. I personally find that it does, by far, the best conversion of any software out there. But you must get the version 2 upgrade, not the original version 1. Fuji made some very important useability changes in V2.

However, you must have version 1 installed to install the V2 upgrade.

You might also want to look on ebay to see if anyone has it for sale.

amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2003, 4:47 AM   #3

Go ask at:

or at:

These are the two major Fuji S2 Pro forums, and there you might find someone willing to send you a copy of the Fuji EX Converter v1 + v2 !

Good luck !
scherrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2005, 6:12 AM   #4

I have S3 in one month, and I havenot the software yet for RAW converter of S3. HS-V2 Ver 3.0. I don't know how to have it. With S2, I have used HS-S2 (EX converter), very good software for my work (Landscape).
trungthu is offline   Reply With Quote