Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:53 PM   #1
Default Fuji S3 Pro test shots

If you've read my recent posts I bought an S3 Pro for my daughter to get into the world of the DSLR. Decided to take it to our local waterfall's, Dolgoch Falls. We put the Sigma 15-30mm lens on it and snapped away.
First impressions were Raw - takes an age to write but as I shoot Raw especially with waterfalls 99% of the time just needed to learn to be a bit patient.
Nearly all the waterfalls had blown highlights but luckily through shooting Raw I could recover them. Think I need a bit more practice to get used to changing the EV compensation but all in all the camera did an excellent job. Also because of the light, most of the captures were taken using an Fstop of between F22-F32 to make the long exposure so it wasn't at it's sweet spot. I also used the 6mp setting.
I'm really pleased with this camera and my daughter loved using it (she said it made her look professional ha ha) and for 199 and in almost mint condition, feel it's been a real bargain. Anyways, here are a few of today's captures

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  201.2 KB

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  208.4 KB

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  189.8 KB

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  211.4 KB

Name:  013.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  194.4 KB
howiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2011, 8:01 PM   #2

....beautiful images

I've a friend who used an S3 and I definitely considered one for myself, that was 6-yrs ago. It is fun that your children are enjoying photography, it too seems they are following a very talented mentor. Have Fun!
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

Last edited by boBBrennan; Dec 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote