Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Feb 27, 2006, 12:50 AM   #1

i have a few questions on s3 . dos it work better on 6 or 12 mp? can it use nikon f mount sigma type lenes ?
Andre_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2006, 5:27 PM   #2

I use the S3 Pro as my main camera...

The images on 6mp are great but the 12mp files are obviously just a bit better, but in "Wide" mode. This camera will accept any D or G type lens as long as its an Nikon f mount. Its better to go for a D or G type lens to retain the Matrix 10 segment mode.

Hope ive helped...

Richimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 8:30 AM   #3

I am also looking into this camera, but I believe the Raw files are still shot as 6 megapixel. The only 12 megapixel files are Jpegs and Tiffs which the camera does a good job at interpolating but the raw files are large non compressed files that need to be converted into regular 6 megapixlel tiffs of Jpegs.

I am open for corrections and suggestions. I have the S2 and love it. I prefer tyhe S2 over my D1X and D70 for image quality. A superb camera.

I believe I can get a 12 megapixle quality fiole from raw using Photoshop just like I could from any other 6 meg camera.

Once again, I am open for corrections and clarifications. I am still looking into this camera seriously. I love my S2 and an S3 may make sense as well.

Hidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2006, 7:15 AM   #4

My primarly camera is the Fuji S3 and I am quite happy with it.

Resolution wise it is noticeably better than my Nikon D100 shot in RAW, processed with Nikon Capture.

In fact, if you shoot the Fuji S3 in RAW with Auto DR you may have a nice revelation.

The problem is that the Fuji S3 is very, very slow in RAW.

But for a lot of uses the jpegs are more than good enough, and if you can nail the exposure and White Balance during shooting, almost no post processing is neccessary, given you selected your preferences right: Tone, Contrast, Sharpness.

I have a smallFuji S3 Pro user review , also you can readmy thoughts about theFuji S3 Pro settings.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Radu Grozescu

Corporate & Editorial Photography
Radu Grozescu is offline   Reply With Quote