Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Fujifilm dSLR

Old Apr 12, 2003, 7:58 PM   #1
Default Lens Compatibility

The thing is simple. I don't know the designations of Nikon lenses (in spite of using them for over a decade). As a result of this, I don't know which of my lenses will fit onto the S2. Here is the list:

AF 28-70/2.8 - obviously works
AF 80-200/2.8D - obviously works
AF 400/5.6 - works
AF 35-105/3.5-4.5D - obviously works

and now the tricky part:
I have two absolutely great manual focus lenses. They are made of metal and are pretty old. They used to have some sort of metal tab held by two screws on the aperture ring (for old Nikon aperture information), but I removed the tabs long ago (they could scratch the flash compartment above the lens mount). I have used them successfully on Nikon N6006, Nikon N70, Nikon FG, Nikon E2s. Of course some cameras couldn't meter with these lenses, but for studio pictures that's not a problem.

The lenses are:

Will they work? The manual says that IX lenses can't be used, which are these?

MikePL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2003, 7:35 PM   #2

Please check out this link for information about old manual focus lenses:

Your lenses may be candidates for a conversion I also have a 24mm f/2.8 manual focus lens, but am debating whether it's worth converting since I plan on getting the 12-24 f/4 DX lens later on. I can still use that lens on my old N4004s body, so I'll probably leave it at that.

And don't try to mount that lens on your S2 (my D100 is pretty much identical to your S2 in this respect), even with that tab removed it doesn't fit on these DSLR's. Even tried it on an F5, no go
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote