Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 5, 2006, 3:34 PM   #1

Well after nearly 10 months with this camera (my 2nd I think - the first suffering from the viewfinder/lcd image being 'reflected' left to right, with text and image backwards, very odd) my beloved s9500 has developed an annoying quirk.

After turning off the AF Illuminator for months due it being an annoyance when shooting portraits and at parties, I turned it on to help when taking photos outdoors at dusk.

However despite turning AF Illuminator to 'on' in the menu, the green light refused to turn on when focusing. It has since come to life on a couple of occasions - but with certain conditions. The light won't shine when the camera is aimed parallel to the ground, and about 45 degrees above that. Below and above the AF light is on. Also, when at the 'non-funcitoning' angles, extending the lens usually stirs the AF light into action.

The camera has not been subject to any major shocks - to my knowledge - and is kept in a padded case when not in use.

It is still under warranty - is it worth persuing a repair/replacement?

(this might sound like a trivial matter but little faults really bug me :lol
meggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:41 AM   #2

I was using mine at the weekend and thought it strange that my AF light didn't come on when I would have otherwise expected. I'll check again tonight to make sure it is working.

Regarding your's, it sounds like a fault to me, so you should get it repaired under warranty, don't put up with it.

mansell is offline   Reply With Quote