Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 30, 2003, 5:21 PM   #1
Default Photo paper???

Just a quick question for everyone. Which photo paper do you like best. Matte or Glossy, and which manufacturer?

futbol mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2003, 6:48 AM   #2
Default photo paper

My wife and I prefer the glossy. We have the Epson 785EPX, and it gives us great results. However, the newer generation Epson printers that use the Durabright inks are the way to go. I am obviously biased toward Epson, because they are the leades in the inks. I have not been able to convince myself that their newest Ultrachrome inks are that much better than the Durabright ink. PLus, you can get a basic printer that uses the Durabrights for about $100. The more expensive printers don't give you better pictures. They only give you options on roll feed paper, and printing right from the digital media, which you don't want to do anyway. HP paper does NOT work well in Epson printers. We have successfully used Epson, Kodak, and Ritz Camera paper in our 785EPX. This may not hold true for other printers, so you may have to learn by trial and error with any new printer. Happy shooting.
Marty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2003, 11:16 PM   #3

I myself have an hp photosmart printer I have used both types & I thought I would have preferred the glossy however the matte looks like a much cleaner finish to me
badkitty78217 is offline   Reply With Quote