Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 30, 2003, 9:44 PM   #1
Default Red Pictures.....

I was trying to take pictures at my daughters perfromance and everything was turning out red. I changed my WB (ended up using every single one) and still...red. I usually set the camera to P, change my WB and get fairly decent pictures. The stage was bright and we were all sitting in very dim light. I turned off my flash and set my ISO to 400, then tried 800. Not much better. :roll: I did try to slow down my shutter speed, but then it was too blurry. I also tried to monkey with the +/- key, but didn't really get anywhere.

So, can anyone help this hopless wanna-be photographer?

Thanks for your time!
futbol mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2003, 3:12 AM   #2

You've obviously got a 602. There's a big trap here for the unwary (which I fell into): You take your cam out for indoor shots, open up the built in flash, or set external flash mode in the menu.

The 602 sets itself to daylight white balance (whatever you do to the WB settings!!) thinking you're shooting with daylight (flash). It won't even let you overide in manual either.

I'll bet if you look at the EXIF data for your red pics, you'll find flash set for 'on', or you left it in external flash mode. Have a nice day -VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote