Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:01 AM   #1

Hi all,

I just bought a TCON-17 for my s5600. I've seen some amazing shots with this combination of equipment and I decided to go for it. Fitment is great, the camera gets heavier which is good to limit the camera movement.

It's been a rainy day today and I found out, during my tests, shooting pictures on the street from my car, that the camera did not confirm the focus, in other words it did never, as I can remember, beep for focus confirmation. I've used the C-AF (continuous autofocus) and the S-AF.I tested full zoom and almost full zoom.

I have some questions:

- does this happen in your case? any suggestions.

- i use a Hoya Super-HMC multicoated UV filter always on the objective for protection. I shot without it while TCON was attached. Are there any problems if I use the UV and the TCON in combination. I would like to keep the UV on, it's easyier. As far as I know light permitivity is not affected by this filter.

- what are the pros and cons of the high speed shooting mode (selected from the menu). To be more precise, does this affect the picture quality, or just the battery life?

I will post some pictures of the shots I've tested today.
akebono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links