Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 8, 2003, 3:55 PM   #1
Default F700 imminent release?

Hi folks!

I posted this a bit earlier at dpreview, but since have been unable to access it -- maybe server probs? -- i'll repost here.

Anyway, I walked by a neighborhood film developing/camera shop in a suburb of Haifa the other day and saw a big poster of the s602 in the window. I thought it was kind of strange to feature that particular camera in such an out of the way place, but for the heck of it went in to see if they actually had one on hand and how much it cost.

Interestingly enough, the nice lady behind the counter said they sell a quite a few of them and as soon as they get one, it's out the door. When I asked how much it costs, she said she didn't know, that her husband would be back in a while and he would know. I told her I was just visiting and had to go, so she looked in her Fuji brochure and price catalog. Along the way, I saw a little glossy brochure, translated, with sample pics and all with F700 printed across the top. I took a closer look and sure enough it was the F700. I asked her if she had that camera. She didn't know. Just then her husband came in so I asked him. "No, he said, "not yet, but it could be any day, since we have this brochure and when we get a brochure from the distributor it means it could be here very shortly -- even within a week." "As a matter of fact," he added "it could even be in the bonding warehouse right now, awaiting the official word."

I couldn't resist and asked him if he'd heard anything about a replacement for the s602. He said he hadn't, but that the price was just reduced by $50. He said he'd also talk to the distributor about that. Unfortunately, I won't be back in the neighborhood till late summer to find out ;-) but FWIW just thought I'd pass on the speculation. Nice little store, too.
Warm regards,

davidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links