Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 26, 2006, 7:05 AM   #1

I've got a Finepix e550 camera and I had to send it to the Fuji repairing service because there was a big spot in some of the pictures taken (known problem from many other users). They repaired it, the spot disapeared and in the bill (free repairing because it was on warranty) they put that the power supply was replaced, not the CCD sensor!!! This sounds weird to me because I can't find any reason why the power supply can affect the LCD behaviour. It looks that it was a LCD manufacturing problem because it was a big "round" spot. Can anybody explain me that?
Since then, the quality of the pictures isn't the same. I've got more saturation in the highlights and more halo around the bright areas.

Months later, I was taking pictures and suddenly I was unable to view my pictures with the play mode (the one with the green arrow, because I don't know how it's called). The LCD stays black and I can't see anything. It is surprising to me because it works with the camera mode, being able to use it as viewfinder and to check the result just after taking the picture (only for few seconds, of course). Has anybody got the same problem? Do you know how to repair it? I am relly tempted on buying the Tri-wing screwdriver to open the camera and repairing it by myself. Any advice?

Thank you!

chavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links