Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 1, 2006, 5:43 PM   #1

I am wondering if I can just use a reader with my xD card for the f30 and my current photo software? If so, what is a compatible reader, and are there issues with not loading the fuji software?
oasiswc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2006, 9:40 AM   #2

The FinePixViewer software isn't good for much of anything. I don't use it. I prefer using a card reader myself. Some of the older card readers will not read the high capacity type M and type H xD cards. I have a Sandisk 12-in-1 that I purchased more than a year ago that reads my 1 GB type M without any problems. I don't have the F30, but I do have a S5100 and a S9000. I have not used the Fuji software with either one of those cameras. There is nothing really special about the software, and there is nothing unique about your camera that would require you to use the software from Fuji.
jphess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 4:10 PM   #3

I bought a generic Digital123 xD card reader in eBay. Supposedly it can read up to 1 GB xD cards.

It can't read Olympus 1GB M cards.

At first I thought it was the reader that was busted until I bought a 2 GB Fujifilm xD card which the card reader is able to read, cut then paste to a folder on my laptop.

As for using the software... I have yet to install the software that came with the F30. :?

Dunno but from now on I will buy Fujifilm if ever I need another xD card.:|
Attached Images
al1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2006, 9:34 AM   #4

I bought the Olympus MAUSB-300 card reader after discovering my Sandisk SD-88 8in1wouldn't read the xD type H card. So far so good. Followed the advice on another thread not to erase or write to the card using the PC as well. Always format the card in the camera. Love the F30, but it is irritating that Fuji and Olympus have created a situation where people can damage their cards so easily.
top_down is offline   Reply With Quote