Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 15, 2003, 9:01 AM   #1
Default Fuji 2800 - Is there a repair issue w/ this camera?

I'm helping a friend that knows nothing about Digitial cameras select a camera. She does not require a lot of bells and whistles. I have the s602 and love it. I thought the 2800 w/ the 6x zoom would be a great choice for her. I've been keeping an eye out for a good deal for her as money is a concern for her. I checked out EBAY and saw that EBAY is flooded w/ refurbished 2800's. I then checked out a few other cameras to see if those models had many refurbished on EBAY. Made me wonder if I'm stearing her in the wrong direction. Anybody have any idea why there would be sooooo many refurbs?
Animalhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2003, 7:32 AM   #2

She does not require a lot of bells and whistles.
I can appreciate this, driving my 602. BUT I think the one important thing new starters forget (apart from zoom and MegaPix!) is sensitivity. They're going to expect consistent auto point and shoot results, with reduced AF problems. So I'd look for at least 200ASA (the higher the better) and focus assist would help a bit.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2003, 8:16 PM   #3

i own a 2800 and loved it. however, a great numbers of unit have major problem; the ccd sensor is tilted. meaning the photos come up a bit slanted. i have to return mine's for a new one. another problem is the writing speed; the process of capturing the photos on to the memory card. it takes routhly 3 seconds before you can take another. this is not good.

i personally recommand going for the newer 3800 model, it's improved and the new xD card is much faster then the SM if the 6x optical zoom you're aiming for.

have fun

ps. i don't recommand a refurbush unit
worldsci is offline   Reply With Quote