Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 17, 2006, 3:52 PM   #1

Last year when my F401 did that lovely pink line thing, I just got a Z1. In late August of this year, it suddenly couldn't zoom and wouldn't take any pictures cause of this. I hadn't touched it in a few weeks, so I knew I didn't drop it and it hadn't been anywhere to get something in it. Everytime I turned it on, I got that lovely messages stating as such. Today I went to a camera shop near me to see if they would fix it, but they don't have any triwing screwdrivers.

I was just messing with it a few minutes ago, and got it to make a terrible whirrrrrrrrrrzzzz noise when I told it to adjust the high-speed shooting. I had to jack the battery to get it to turn off. When I smacked it between my hands a few times, and also hit zoom out a lot, (even if it wasn't doing anything on the screen) I managed to make it work. I can take pictures again, but when I zoom it makes this wretched whirrrrrrrrring noise, though not as grinding as before. Has anyone else ever had such a situation happen? Ther shop guy thought the lense might have been slightly out of whack. I really don't have $100+ to get Fuji to fix it, but if it's working like this I can live I suppose. I'm just afraid it'll randomly die again.
Kartos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links