Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 17, 2003, 9:21 PM   #1
Default Need help with correct setting for a picture...

I am getting ready for my daughters performance this week, and I need help getting the correct setting on my 602. The stage is usually lit up, and the audiance is in pretty dim light. Whenever I take pictures, they come out reddish (this is her 5th performance, and I don't have a decent picture yet ). What can I do to compensate for this. I take pictures in the 'P' mode, try to set my own white balance in the setting, flash off, and ISO is usually 200. (I'm kind of hoping that it won't be that dark in the auditorium since this is the first time they are having the performance at 1:00 in the afternoon). A quick lesson would be greatly appreciate.

futbol mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2003, 10:08 PM   #2

can't help you with the white balance if you've already tried that. sounds like the pictures are underexposed. i tried a few dim lit shots in my house and if they were underexposed they were reddish. try using iso 400. that gives you 1 more f-stop. if i'm not mistaken (the pros can help you here), you can probably do some post processing to bring out more color. also, try iso 800 or 1600 even thought there is more noise and it's only 1megapixels. try some practice shots before recital and see how the various settings work. then, choose the best one and try post processing them. sorry this may not be of much help.

djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2003, 5:31 AM   #3

You have the difficult problem of mixed light (daylight, with tungsten on stage?)

I posted this earlier (surprised it didn't get many views as it gives good indoor shooting advice) - and take a look at what he can do with ISO 800/1600!

So you want to know how to do it with a S602???

I reckon this guy's the tops, we can all learn something here!

If you haven't got the features of the 602 in your cam, just translate all the tips as best you can.

Just a thought, but if there isn't something there already, can you get something white put within shooting range of the stage to do your WB on?
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2003, 11:26 AM   #4

Thanks Vox for the web site, it had great information. The performance is this Saturday. I'll let you know how I did.

futbol mom is offline   Reply With Quote