Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 23, 2006, 1:48 PM   #1

Hey there,

I'm considering a brand switch. Canon has earned my trust thusfar - but I want to experience the low light capabilities that fuji has to offer with my upgrade.

So, I'm thinking of moving from a Canon a510 - to the Fuju F30.

In 2 years, I've taken over 19,000 pictures on my canon. I'd expect the same level of reliability from the fuji. I'm not a rich guy - and the occasional 300$ purchase is no small investment for me unfortuantly.

What comments can be made for the reliability of fuji cams?

Also - the camera does not take AA batteries. Are there 'cheap' aftermarket rechargeables that would be just fine?

Is there anyway to affix a polarizer to the camera?

Finally, what about the highlight clipping in daylight? How bad is it?

One other thing - I noticed the fuji s5200 has fell dramatically in price? Comments on it vs. the f30?

episodic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2006, 4:17 PM   #2

episodic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 4:42 AM   #3

Aftermarket battery and charger can be found at ebay. Some come out between $23-30. The charger I believe is 100-240 volts or runs on the lighter jack of your car.

The F30 battery is supposedly good for 580 shots. I have not done that yet but the batterydoes last long. Perhaps and extra battery will only come to play if say you will be on a 1 to 2 week trip.

To affix a polarizer, u may use say a telephoto lens or macro lens that attaches by magnet. then just attach a polarizer to it. The built in lens has no thread so a magnetic lens may be the easiest option.
al1012 is offline   Reply With Quote