Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 5, 2006, 2:57 PM   #1

I hear alot about how poor the F30 does in bright lighting conditions...I was wondering since the s6000 shares the same sensor if it also shares the charateristic of not doing so well in brightly lit shots.
Contriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 5, 2006, 4:47 PM   #2

I certainly hope not, as a little birdie has told me to expect an S6000 as a Christmas present! :G

I do recall reading someplace - I can't remember where - that the S6000 does considerably better outdoors than the F30. MTClimber has posted several outdoor pic taken w/the S6000, and they look fine by me.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 4:56 PM   #3

Actually the Fuji S-6000/S-6500 does quite well in bright outdoor lighting even in the "chrome" mode. Actually it is IMHO better than the Fuji F-30. Here is the "chrome" sample that I took to see how badly it might do.

Chris, that sounds like a very nice Christmas present to me. The Fuji S-6000/S-6500 is not a DSLR camera killer, but it is a nice step up in the camera progression chain. I like mine very much.

Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote