Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 15, 2002, 5:43 PM   #1
Default Camera vs Camcorder ?

Hi there, I've just read through quite a few of the forum pages in an attempt to help me with my decision regarding the possible purchase of my first digital camera.

I have 3 "old" Nikon 501's which I love dearly and a SVHS video camera. I'm now looking at delving into the digital world simply because the idea of doing away with film materials and the likes appeals to me.

I need to film some sports events soon and I was hoping to find a "device" that would enable me to a) take video's of those events and b) also take high resolution pictures. It appears that such a device is not yet available.

Even though the Fuji 620S (which I'm very interested in) has the capability of taking VGA videos, the memory capacity required is ridiculous.

Is there not an economical way of filming with this digital camera or must I purchase a camcorder ? Apparently, the resolution of the stills from a camcorder do not match that of a digital camera.
Roguerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2002, 1:56 PM   #2

I think you get it : the S602 film are great... for a camera. 15-20mn of 640*480 max on a 1Go support. you won't take a sport event this it.

You'll have to wait till the next-next generation of camera-camcorder ; or buy two differents apparels, one for photos, the other one for video.
noctem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2002, 7:09 PM   #3

But the AVI fills of digicamera are too big for store.
Leiz is offline   Reply With Quote