Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:16 PM   #1
Default Buying a new S2

I found s2 for $1089 new in a box at A&M Photo world. Anyone do business with them. Do you guys recommend me buying from them for sucha low price.

Van Pragal
vanpragal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2003, 5:52 AM   #2

It just went up $200 ?????
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2003, 1:29 AM   #3

I don't know them, but I suspect a BIG problem for the following reasons.

1. They openly state they will "confirm" orders by phone. The only sites that I know doing this get you to buy accessories listed at what is normally 20% to 200% above normal. If you don't buy theacessories, your problems will begin (the item is shipping - two weeks later - still no item, another two weeks - still no item, etc)

2. Their accessories ARE VERY expensive! If you do buy, you lost-out overall.

3. They charge a restocking fee of returned items, do not refund S&H and withhold the right to alter prices on items already SHIPPED.

4. I hate to say this, but it tends to be very accurate - there located in BROOKLYN, NY. New York has the worst protection laws in the US. They pretty much can keep your money for six months and it won't raise an eyebrow with law enforcement.

6. I can't find a single review about them. Most of the sites doing the practices described above are known for having multiple sites and starting a new one after the old one starts to have problems - like getting booted out of pricing search engines like Dealtime. THey usually name their sites with two letters. It appears they started mimicing B&H.

So, if you can't find numerous positive reviews, don't buy there!
twesterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2003, 9:54 PM   #4

A warning for people interested in purchasing from A & M photoworld in NY

When you call, they will say the low advertising price on all their item is not in stock. That is after they took all your credit card information. They will tell you also for that price you will get a strip body anyway. No cable, instruction and no software. The price all of the sudden became $1,569.00 plus a unbelieveable high shipping cost 8% of the value ( $170.00 ). That is their normal shipping cost.After you agree to it, they then add on another unbelieveable so call insurance charge $50.00. And if you ever try to call them for customer service or question. You will be put on hold and nerver be able to speak to a live person. You can only speak to a live person if you are placing an order, or they will hang up on you. Very bad experence . Let every body know and stay away from them
Patrickl is offline   Reply With Quote