Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 23, 2007, 8:29 AM   #1

hello all,

I recently purcased the s6000 based on many of your reviews and I must say I have been happy thus far. However, as most of my pictures are of my new baby and are indoors in somewhat low light, I am not getting great results. I have read the manual but I am still gettingpoor and blurryphoto's a lot of noise. I am looking for some advice on the best settings for taking indoor photo's in lower light conditions without constantly using the flash on my new baby. All advice is apprecaited.

justinjtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2007, 9:52 AM   #2

I also purchased this camera for shooting baby photos indoor(one of the main reasons), attached photo was one of the test shots takenin the night I bought the camera, no any touchup done but resize.

You can tell from the light source and drop shadow the ceiling light(one 60W light blub) is quite far away from my baby, about 6 feet((horizontal). Due to high ISO the picture is a little grany but acceptable. I think such low light photos can be better by doing some light arrangements and/or post touchup.

Try some more different camera settings and light arrangements to find the best combination. Your model(baby) won't complaints.

Model:FinePix S6500fd
DateTime:2007:01:18 00:36:05
FocalLength:6.20mm(27.89mm as 135)
White Balance:Auto
Flash Mode:disable
Focus mode:auto
Picture Mode:aperture prior AE

Attached Images
Ray999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:12 PM   #3

I also own the Fuji S-600fd. The key issue is to (1) use the Program Mode not the Auto Mode. (2) To setthe ISO speed by the number, rather than using an Auto ISO range. You also have to watch the shutter speed (seen on the bottom of the LCD screen) that your S-6000 sets. This camera does not have IS so you can only handhold photos with a shutter speed of around 1/30th of a second. Photos with a shutter speed of less than that will produce blurred photos.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 6:49 AM   #4

I have had luck with a small tripod (about 5" tall) and letting the shutter stay open a little longer. I also use the 2 second timer to eliminate any camera shake from pushing the shutter button. I think half the fun is experimenting and finding stuff that works with this camera. Good luck and have fun photographing your growing model :-)
ktrjc is offline   Reply With Quote