Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 1, 2007, 2:30 PM   #1

My S5000 started losing it's beep sound when turned on or taking pix, then the malfunction escalated to losing it's time and date whenever I have to change batteries- even if I am *really fast* changing them.
Is there a way to troubleshoot the problem or even fix it (like a small backup battery hidden behind a panel) without having to send it out for repair?

Larry, in Alaska:?:
melarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:04 AM   #2

my s51000 started doing this too. Not sure why. The small battery door had some pieces that broke off and doesn't stay tight. Not sure if that was the problem. I fixed mine by getting a new camera! LOL! Not sure if that was the best way to fix it but it made me happy!
spinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2007, 5:22 PM   #3

These cameras have either a small internal battery or capacitor that powers the internal clock for a while when the regular baterries die. It sounds like this might be your problem, but I don't know if there's an easy fix. Good luck.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 12:05 AM   #4

there is no easy fix you have to cearfully open the camera find the backup batt and replace it if your lucky its not solderd in its usualy located near the lcd.
shaultapuach is offline   Reply With Quote