Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 15, 2003, 12:42 PM   #1
Default Fuji S2 Pro and Infrared Filter???

Hi, I am interested in trying infrared photography and wondered if anyone knows if I can use an infrared filter (say a Hoya R72) with my fuji s2 pro? I know that some cameras are more capable than others of working with these filters, but can't seem to find out if mine will work with one or not. Thanks for any and all help. Lynn
lynndianah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2003, 11:29 AM   #2

Look through the "viewfinder" and hold shutter halfway while looking at the end of a remote control. If you can see the IR light from it blinking, you should be okay to go get the IR filter and play.
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2003, 12:58 PM   #3

with the S2 i believe your going to have to take an image and then review as it is an slr. remember the relative brightness is important too. if its real dim and of course your battery is good the cut off is relatively high and then your shots just aren't going to be what you would like
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2003, 3:55 PM   #4

There is a great artifcle about how to use the Fujifilm Finepix S-2 to make great infrared photos in the Professional Photographer magazine, a publication of the PPA (USA) last month by Don Emmerich.

Briefly you need to use the camera in the B&W mode, use a #87 filter (available from Calumet LE4787), and use a starting exposure of around 1sec at f/8 on a sunny day. You can check your exposure using histogram.

Don't forget to refocus your lens using the red infrared mark. I tried it and got some great results.
djohnmccarthy is offline   Reply With Quote