Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:45 AM   #1

Plan to sue my S9500 in a rugby match. Match is in the day time and the action is fast paced. What settings should I set ? any tips appreciated.
socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2007, 1:43 PM   #2

Since I have never done that kind of photography, I can only give you a few suggestions based on my knowledge of the S9000 that I own, which is the equivalent U.S. model of your camera.

I would suggest setting the ISO at 400. This will give you a sufficiently fast shutter speed to catch all the action. I would set the camera to the high-speed shooting mode. And I would use continuous autofocus. And finally, I would just take a lot of pictures. In shooting situations like you are going to face I think it is unrealistic to expect every picture to be a winner. Realistically, if 10-30 percent of your images are acceptable, I think you should be happy.

I think it would be a good idea for you to take some pictures using different settings and modes ahead of time so that you can become familiar with how the camera will handle, and so that you can evaluate the results to see if there are ways to improve.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote