Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 26, 2003, 11:42 AM   #1
Default Taking Pictures with the 2650.

Hey, just a few months ago I got a Fuji 2650 camera for my birthday (which, I did help pay for). I had heard good things about the camera, and as a bonus, for 200 bucks I got the camera and a free 64 MB picture card. The camera hasn't let me down, I have been very pleased with how it has performed so far. However, I still have had some problems taking certain pictures. Yes, I'm a newbie to all of this, so pardon me if these questions are relatively easy to answer.

To start, what would be the best way (flash mode, white balance, EV levels) to take a picture of sunsets? Also, should I be really worried about getting a UV Filter for this? How much does the sun affect the camera's sensor?

Second, I'm going on vacation in about a week to Washington, which also happens to bring me close to mountains (for the first time in my life - I've never been out of the midwest). Do you have any tips for photographing mountains? I've heard it's tough to get it focused just right - what would you guys suggest?

Basically, I do a bit of photography for fun. I was never too concerned about printing pictures out, so I figured a 2 MP Digital Camera would suit me well (which it has). I am amazed, however, the how clear the pictures come out on this camera. If you ahve any other tips on using this camera, please enlighten me - I'd appreciate it. = )
ecthelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links