Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 3, 2007, 2:15 AM   #1

I finally made my purchase after months of extensive research and reviews of many different brands and models of cameras and "comparison shopping" on the internet.
I must admit, buying a good digital camera is probably one of the hardest buying decisions i have had to make in my life. It is easy to get overwhelmed with the hundreds of different models that are out on the market.
The Fuji Film s5700 offered the best value for money and offered many features such as image stablization, Super 10x optical zoom, 1600 ISO, 30 FPS video recording, heaps of different shooting modes and settings etc.
The S5700 is the upgrade to the popular S5600 and boasts many new features and technology. I am only a novice and am just beggining to get into photography as a hobby but i just couldn't justify buying a cheap point and shoot when i can get a much better camera with more advanced features and functionality for double the price. I can definitely 'grow' into this camera. I have had cheap point and shooters in the past but their photo quality is very ordinary and doesn't offer much control over various parameteres. The camera retails for $399(AUS) but i managed to get it on special for $340 which was fantastic.

As of date, i have only opened up the box, briefly skimmed through the manual and taken some snaps of my dog in auto mode. On first impressions, the camera is very ergonomic and well-made. It has a very quick start-up and shot-to-shot time and is very quiet. I love the fact that the EVF can be used to preview and take shots, and to access all the menus that you see on the LCD. I also love the dual SD/XD compatibility which FujiFilm are incorporating into their new models. SD is much cheaper than XD and it is also more widely used which allows you to use the SD memory card interchangeably in a wide range of digital devices.

When i get better aquainted to my new camera and become competent with all the features i will upload some photos on here and provide some more information about what i think of the camera. I really love landscape and nature photography so it will be fantastic to upload some amazing shots of my natural environment for you guys to see. Cheers guys.
jmp1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2007, 8:54 AM   #2

Many thanks for posting your comments on the Fuji S-5700/S-700. It is a camera that offers a great deal of value, with a lot of features. I am sort of in the very same position as yourself. My S-700 will not be delivered until 06/12 or possibly 06/13.

So I am waiting with a lot of interest and seaire to get shooting some good photos. I post a few as soon as I become familiar with my new Fuji S-700.

The camera is called the Fujis S-700 here in the USA, while in other parts of the world it is called the Fuji S-5700.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote