Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 14, 2007, 4:57 PM   #1

I too have been waiting a long time for the reviews to come out for the new Finepix S5700 / S700 and have been very disappointed with the time it has taken so far to get even a small hint of interest from the major reviewers on a camera that is already being sold to many people expecting another great Fuji product. Unfortunately, this camera is not one of them. In every sample image I've seen from this camera, there is a great deal of graininess at all ISO settings, as well as some of the worst purple fringing of any camera on the market today. This camera is supposed to be an upgrade to the S5600 but it's also a downgrade as well. Namely, no RAW, no SuperCCD and still no real anti shake system (O.I.S).

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"After extensive searching, I found the following links to foriegn and domestic web sites with sample images from this camera. Take a look and judge for yourselves.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"First up is asite (maybe japan) that has many samples near the middle of the page.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"http://detail.zol.com.cn/99/98957/pic.shtml

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Second is a face to face comparison where you can dial up any of the listed cameras, for which the S5700 is one of them.

The next link is from Sweden (I can translate this one). In the menu to the left, click on "digitalkameror". The scroll down and click on the "Fuji Finepix S5700". Now just under the image of the camera itself are four tabs. Click on the tab marked "Testbilder" to see the test images.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"And then there is this one, which many here may already have seen.

And finally, this one

So which digital camera will I be buying in the near future? :?

I can say which camera I won't be buying. (see samples above)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Abner101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links