Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Sep 6, 2007, 5:34 AM   #1

ToAll [Msg # 1194.1 ]

This is a long shot, but I hope someone might be able to help on this -- we have a FujiA310 digital camera but the lens won't extend. It worked fine until a couple of weeks ago.

The batteries are fine, and we even tried the A/C electric cord, but the lens still won't extend.

I've tried to clean the perimeter (I didn't see any dirt), but that had no effect.

The camera turns on just fine, but of course now it won't take pix.

The local camera store wants something like $80 just to send the camera off to Fuji (the 1 year guarantee has ended).

Is there anything I can try before replacing the camera? I'm just at the point where I'm almost ready to try to jam a screwdriver into the perimeter of the thing<g>.

Thanks much for any help!

FujiAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:29 AM   #2

I don't know anything about your particular model. But it might be worth just sending it to Fuji Repair yourself and get an estimate of how much it will cost to have it repaired. Sometimes, if the problem is a "common" one for the model Fuji will repair it at no cost even though the warranty period has passed. I have had that experience with my S9000. Fuji repaired the command dial even though the warranty had expired. You can wait for an estimate from Fuji and then decide at that point what you want to do.

I know it is frustrating when these problems occur. I have had to have my camera repaired twice. But having it repaired might be cheaper than getting a new camera. But, then again, maybe you are looking for an excuse to get a new one. That was my strategy, but my wife wasn't fooled.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote