Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 25, 2003, 7:01 AM   #1
Default FINEPIX 4700

i have a 4700 that now has a spot on the image in the same place no matter on orientation. it appears only when zoomed all the way back. as i zoom in , the spot (looks like a water spot (faded area) eventually disappears. i have tested this using a blank sheet of colored paper. the3 lens has bee cleaned several times. the camera takes normal pictures except for this anomoly.

i am certain that mist from being near the ocean has caused this - it appears as though it must be on the inside of the lens - since i can make it disappear by zooming.

after a discussion with fuji, it is not cost effective to repair but since i am reasonably technical, i want to disassemble the camera and try to clean the lens/ capture area.

there is more to it than removing the screws, there must be some clip somewhere to split the case- i am sure that the parts are somehow modulized and can be readily removed / replaced. i am not intimidated by small parts -

does anyone have any experience with this model disassembly?

after purchasing the 601 a year ago, i would not invest any money in this camera (going on 4 yrs old).

thank you
wb3hyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2003, 1:30 PM   #2

A quick guess outside lenscoating is wearing out?
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2003, 2:38 PM   #3

It's also possible that you have a dust particle on the CCD-sensor. Maybe you should try to clean the CCD-sensor first before you go and open the whole lens unit? You will find the cleaning instructions from the web. Try to search with google or something.
bassino is offline   Reply With Quote