Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 19, 2007, 8:46 AM   #1

My first foray with my second F-series camera (the first being an F11):

Perhaps a bit more noise than earlier models, but otherwise not much wrong with the F40.

-- dave

davephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2008, 9:44 PM   #2

agreed )
quite satisfied with my D47 dc :-)
(outdate, but on by birthday(spring 2008) i simply can't find alternatives in proper conditions(S700-S800 mostly(except two firm, where these models sold out all) presented by dammaged or badly repaired-refubished units and lines.(and new lmodellines, begining w F100 Big brother" and and bridge(and VERY COOL :-) S700 suscessors F1000 - too far from me :-)
but am still looking for additions-replacements in new model, especially bridge new one -) i found produced images truly amazing.

p.s. TTL metering - easily fooled in complex scenes-low lights and etc. (grayscale or sync light(dammaged led lamps or stroboscope like-triggered lightning-equipment)
especialy on landscape modes.
so, i advice to shots like yours(link in your post) to switch to average metering(and average AF too and use exp-AF-fix(hlf-press to acheve proper Exp, WB and AF and then, turning back to scene - push littly heavier on shutter button - with some practice you can prodice fotos, that beats every "autoshooted" pics
also turn off AF and illuminating lamp(thin not only help save battery(up to ~450 shoots), hevlp dc - avoid AF error in most cases[ironically :-]

SkyShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2008, 9:58 PM   #3

p.p.s. most serious disadvatages - barrel distorsion (&etc) not corrected by firmware, while dc's on same ic's and w similar lens - perfectly does this(previous model and updated other segment dc-s)
but not problem at all - thx to photoshop and etc(mb Fuji - includes similar features to software - bundled with digicam ?(like other filters) or even - fix firmware.)
anway - no other weakpoints

dreams about "normal color+fujichrome color" shoot twins, like "Natural ligt"+"flashshoot".

scalable performance also coool. looong avaited feats :-)

even such not critical features, as slideshow - qniquely properly designed.
im quite happy :-)
thx, fuji !!

p.p.p.s. anwaya, i plans to add some other fuji dc's to my collections, giving 47 to some really good people for some really good shoots, or saving as backup.

SkyShoot is offline   Reply With Quote