Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 18, 2008, 5:03 AM   #1

I have a battery problem with my finepix f30 digital camera.

First of all I have to tell you that the charger that was in the box doesn't charge the camera! So I decided to buy an external charger.

So after I charge the battery, I put it back to the camera and everything is fine! The camera is working perfectly..

When I'm trying to use my camera after 10 hours the camera doesn't turn on! I check the battery and I see that it's empty!!

Have you faced a similar problem? What do you think is happening here?

Thanx a lot for your time,
a desperate fujifilm user..
Tax07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2008, 10:13 AM   #2

It could be that the charger you purchased is not fully compatible with the battery for your camera. It might be able to partially charge the battery. Or, it's possible that your battery has gone bad. I have the Fuji 9000 which runs on AA batteries. I bought a bunch of Energizer rechargeables that after a few months of use would run down within a week just sitting in the camera. I purchased three sets of Duracell batteries, and their performance is unbelievable compared to what I was experiencing previously.

There are a number of battery suppliers online that will enable you to enter your camera make/model and they will recommend what they have that is compatible. You might want to look at getting a new battery and charger that are advertised as being compatible.
jphess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 4:44 PM   #3

You didn't exactly tell the whole story here, did you? Like the fact that you bought the camera used on ebay...

Did you follow the advice I gave you previously? If you recall, I told you the most likely cause was the battery.

Did you buy a new battery?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote