Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:28 PM   #1

Hi, this is my 1st post on this forum, I hope I can find some good soul to help me out find an upgrade from the Fuyji s5100 whjich I just sold. My budget is below $250. I was looking at pre dslr, as I cannot afford a dslr yet. Fuji seems to make affordable models, so I was looking at s5200 (more mp than the s5100, better colors& dimlight, bette close pics as I saw in some reviews). I alsoo looked at s700, which offers the chance to use sd cards, even sdhc, zooms in movie mode, but misses the RAW feature.
I'm mostly interested in the quality of the picture, but I will do some movies as well.
I'm not limited to these 2 models, and would consider other brand names as well.
Please give me a reply.
Thank you,
simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2008, 5:32 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. May I ask why you sold your S5100, and what the purpose of the upgrade is? What are you trying to accomplish with the new camera that the S5100 could not do?

I never thought the S5200 was much of an upgrade from the S5100. I think the S700 would be better and will keep you within your budget. Here is a link to a rather lengthy thread (32 pages) and lots of pictures taken with the S700. Take a look:

Good luck with your search.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 4:05 PM   #3

Considering your budget for the new camera, it's doubtful to me that you will find anything that is noticeably better than what you had. Going from 4 MP to 5 MP will not produce images with any noticeable difference. I suggest you just look around until you find something you like. The image quality will be pretty much the same on anything you get. Yes, some will argue that this model or that model produces lower noise or better (whatever). But the reality is that any difference will be negligible.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote