Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 3, 2003, 11:59 PM   #11

Yes, S5000's pic is not too smooth (sometimes) when viewed at 100% (1:1) on screen. Best viewing at 1024x768, where the height and width is 50% of the original dimension, beats FZ1 (with the Leica lens) for sure. But of course, FZ1 is a 2MP. It's not fair to compare.
KW2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2003, 3:57 AM   #12

Originally Posted by Klyak
Anyway - I bought a tripod just to account for the non-stabilised lens
And you gonna walk with it? Can you post a pic of yourself doing it?
Actually I do. I have a 0.5Kg mini tripod (0.3-1m height adjustable) which I almost always carry with me (in a backpack or in hand).
veedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2003, 7:37 PM   #13

I have posted a whole bunch of photos from a recent show - http://www.sizematters.com.au/galler...ry.php?cat=530

All photos are untouched and simply resized using a thumbnailer...

Im very happy with the results...

The pictures were taken from about 20 meters from the stage with flash off and simply set to sports mode to increase the shutter speed to account for no flash (anyone have any tips I would love to hear).

I used a tripod and used the 5 photos first frame shots. This way even thought the competitors were in motion for every 5 shots I was pretty well guaranteed of getting 2-3 good ones. Also as there were flashes going off all around it was hard to control exposure - all in all VERY happy with the camera. The ability to take so many shots so quickly was great.
angusm is offline   Reply With Quote