Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 9, 2003, 2:03 PM   #1
Default Exploring the FinePix S5000's fuel efficiency

I was quite surprised to see that four fully charged Powerex 2,200 mAh AAs easily pushed my new [first digicam] S5000 beyond 530 total pics - including a fair amount of burrowing into menus and tweaking of manual settings.

I was tempted to run the cells dry, but didn't want to mess around too much with my power reserves on this newbie adventure because of a soon upcoming photo-op October Fest. The 4 working AAs went into a Maha 204F charger and a discharge cycle was initiated to ensure total discharge before recharge. The suckers are STILL discharging 3+ hours later which leads me to speculate that there was a lot more mileage left in those four 2,200 mAh NiMHs even after ~530 pics and a whole lotta powered up 'school-time'!

Anyone got an maximum exposure count for fully drained batteries of similar capacity in an S5000?

Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.
Fuji FinePix S5000Z
critterdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2003, 5:34 PM   #2

My batteries last forever as well. I have a set of 1800 and 2100's and a 1 hour charger. I also love the idea that I can use off the shelf AAA's too in a pinch.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2003, 3:22 AM   #3
Default Re: Exploring the FinePix S5000's fuel efficiency

I know exactly what you mean.
See, new NiMH are quite mighty these days.
I wanted to discharge 2100, and use SLR flash to do it, and it took 2 day of making my cat crazy, before they actually died.

Do not hesitate to run them dry : it is actually OK.

Maybe this new technology is going to change pollution factor once and for all now.. Imagine - no more AA mercury infected garbage.

cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote