Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 13, 2003, 8:24 PM   #1
Default Advise on shooting Panpramic photos with S602 ?

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone have any advise on good technique for shooting panoramic photos with the S602 ?

Like camera settings, any extra equipment.

lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2003, 7:20 AM   #2

First of all I don't have a S602 so I cannot answer on settings. However I do have experience with panaramas. I shoot panoramas out of hand, but you may prefer a tripod. Choose a frame were light is at average, halfpress the shutter, frame first picture snap and don't let go of the shuter, continue with this halfpressed shutter, that should minimize drastic color jumps between frames. As the S602 allows exposure and apperture setting, you can also shoot this average frame, and set the camera on the values used with this image. Give each frame extra overlap to reduce barrel distortion collission between frames.
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2003, 8:04 AM   #3

First spend a bit of time reading the material at http://www.panoguide.com/ - it is getting a bit out of date, but still is a very good starting point.

There are three things to keep in mind when shooting panoramas:
1) There are all kinds of "rules", e.g., fixed exposure, fixed white balance, nodal point rotation, ...
2) Every one of those "rules" can be broken.
3) You will have fewer failures and will be able to use simpler software if you follow the "rules".

Just start shooting and figure out which "rules" are important for your style. In particular, don't start out worrying to much about nodal point rotation. Parallax is a real issue, but far from the most important one.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote