Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 24, 2003, 3:08 PM   #1
Default Fuji 6900

I finally figured out how to make the picture print with the date, but I want it to print with the time as well. Does anyone know how to do this?

mikeockisitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2003, 2:16 AM   #2

Check "PhotoBrush", You can print date, time ecc. Very good and cheap program. You can DL a trial,
foffodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2003, 10:00 AM   #3

Is there not a way to do that with the fuji finepix software it comes with? I see the date and time of the picture when I look at the picture on the camera, but when I open the file on my computer I want the time as well as the date to come up. just wondering if it can do that? Thanks for the help.
mikeockisitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:20 AM   #4

hey mikeockisitchy,

i just bought a second hand 6900. i have taken hundreds of photos with it to date, and it has struck me that the camera does come with its set of shortcomings. they are:

1. the processing speed is super slow. after saving a picture, you need a few seconds before you can go on to take another one. the LCD goes blank during this period.

2. the battery dries within the hour. this despite me switching to the EVF whenever i am not taking a photo. the battery gets guzzled within about 40 minutes of non-stop use.

3. the camera is super super susceptible to shaking. other than the auto mode plus flash (which, i must say, does give good pictures), i cannot even take very clear pictures with auto non-flash. i thought this might be due to the shutter speed being too slow, so i went to try the SP - sports mode. same thing there.

do you have any of these problems?
sboredin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 8:52 AM   #5

I've had one of these cameras for 3 years from new.

1 Smartmedia cards are almost obsolete and have always been slow to transfer their data.The only time I have noticed the LCD blacking out is when the flash unit is recharging - not when data is being transferred from the card to the camera.

2 Battery life is somewhat deficient.I make sure I have 1 or 2 spares.The battery discharges slowly even when the camera is switched off since it is still providing a memory function.

3 I have always found that with any digital camera you do need to select a higher shutter speed than you would use for example with a 35mm camera since you are using a chip about 1/4 of the size of a 35mm frame.I try to use >1/250sec or if not possible then I will try to support it some other way.Camera shake also beccomes more evident as you extend the zoom range since you are effectively magnifying the - already small- image.

Apart from the above issues I have no other complaints about this camera apart from the lack of dioptric correction on the optical viewfinder - I wear glasses .
stickleback is offline   Reply With Quote