Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 1, 2010, 3:23 PM   #1
Default Jumping the shark...kind of

hi guys. after playing around with the S2000HD, i'm sending it back. initially i liked it, but the color always looked "washed out" no matter how i set it. maybe flat?? anywho...i am sending it back and getting a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35. i've never used anything but fuji's. could be interesting. hanging onto the F70EXR, so i'll be in both forums.

hope ya'll's mondays are better than mine. rainy and cold. ugh.

Panasonic DMC-LX5/Panasonic Lumix ZS9/Panasonic Lumix ZS15

my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/maryintexas39/
maryintexas39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:38 AM   #2

that camera is good. As a matter of fact, that was an option I had earlier last year. Don't hold your breath though, They still exhibit better or worst quality as the s2000hd but you will be a bit more happier. Auto functions are better, colors are bland, brightness and contrast is also more neutral.

For the washed out look in the s2000hd, this is typical and people complain about it as well as I. My review included that.

You can adjust the exposure to reduce the "washed" look and it would "pop" the colors out further. There are also 3 metering modes for you to play with. You really are better off with a panasonic though since the s2000hd requires a bit more work.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:37 AM   #3

On the Panasonic FZ-35, color, contrast, and saturation can be toatlly customized, so that it is just what you desire. It is actually a very good camera.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote