Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 25, 2003, 9:06 PM   #1
Default S5000 and image Compression

Has anyone noticed the amount of compression applied to the images from this camera. I just got the camera and I find that t he compression really ruins them. My pictures look very pixelated at 1:1 on screen especially where two distinct colors meet. I have an Olympus D510 2.1 MP and the images are 1100K ~ 1200K however with the S5000 at 3.2 MP my images are only 700k ~ 800k. Its a pity because the camera is otherwise great . Great design and functionality I just can't understand why they would ruin the pictures by over compressing them especially since memory card are growing in size and falling in cost.
Is their any chance of a firmware update that will change the compression level in the future.?
chrisward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2003, 9:32 PM   #2

There have been many discussions in the past about this. There is a thread that, I think, has a link to a website where they are collecting requests from all the S5000 owners about the compression problem. Browse through this section and you should find it.
sherpa is offline   Reply With Quote