Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:09 PM   #1
Default S1800 issue!!!!!!!

This is going to start off BAD, but will get better!

I call the Fujifilm's SO CALLED Help Desk for my S1800 camera. I heard that there was a problem with this model, so I wanted to know if they could tell me if mine was one of them. When I spoke to the man, he sound very angry and try to rush me off the phone like he needed to leave or something. I just wanted to know if my camera was one of the ones that needed to be looked at. His only response to help me was to transfer me to the Camera Repair Dept.

By this time I am VERY ANGRY because I was on hold for 30 min and bounced back and fourth twice.and will admit I took it out on the nice lady who answered the phone the last time. She listened to what I had to say and then gave me the voice mail of the National Manager of the dept. She said that he would be able to help me. I left a message with no hopes that I would get a call back.

To my surprise, I received a call back late in the day from Dan Scarola. I explained my frustration with the Digital Help Desk and he just listen to all my complaints as I rambled on. I asked him if my camera was in need of repair. He explained to me what I need to look for and it turned out that my camera was fine.
Before I hung up with him he asked me what size card I had. I told him it was an 8GB. He then asked me how many pictures I was getting and I told him I have 987 left. To my surprise, he said I should be getting well over 2000! He walked me though a few steps and when I was done, I was getting over 2000. If Dan did not go the extra mile, I would never have known about this issue. I thought 987 was more then enough for me!

I just want to say that it is Managers like Dan Scarola that make me want to stay a FUJIFILM customer.
cpphotoman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:12 PM   #2

Very good story, sorry for the aggro, but glad you had a chance to talk to Mr. Scarola. I am not sure what country you are in, usually America and England often have good customer service (though there are the terrible exceptions)... just be glad you are not here in Finland... Anyway, I really would have expected better of a help desk. Good customer service is to me one of the best ways to advertise... Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:55 PM   #3

usually a good format from the internal camera fixes issues with sd card. other thing is card compatibility.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:56 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Cpp, glad that in the end you were able to get something positive from your initial frustration.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 9:47 PM   #5

How is the quality of the camera and the quality of the pictures? I am looking at upgrading from a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 (9 Mpxl, 28-280 equivalent zoom).
zztopabc is offline   Reply With Quote