Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:25 PM   #1
Default HS10 Landing Pattern

Finally the heat broke and I spent several hours on the east bank of the Deleware shooting commercial aircraft as they came into land at Philadelphia Int.

Used "P" with auto 400 set.

Tried manual focus but lost a lot of shots due to the "mysteries" of trying to fathom when it is truly set at "infinity". Any help with that would be appreciated.

Switched to autofocus and just had to make sure it wasn't trying to lock on empty sky.

The UPS plane is an example I left in of MF.

Enjoy...the airshow season is upon us!

harryzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:33 PM   #2

I must say, most of the pics are looking quit sharp, on the resolution of the picasa site.
Fuji HS-20, Hoya uv-0. Nikon D90, 50 mm f 1.8 ,18-200 VR, SB800, MD80, and a bunch of AA batteries.
sprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:44 PM   #3

Yes, Picasa is not quite "there" but moreso than Kodak whcih is why I switched. I am always surprised at the loss of clarity from what I upload to Picasa and what they look like once there.

I am increasingly pleased with the HS10 lens but am still working through the camera's other foibles.

Currently, the use of infinity with MF still has me scratching my head in terms of the graphic bar that is used.
harryzee is offline   Reply With Quote