Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 11, 2003, 4:12 PM   #1
Default S5000 - night pictures

My question is can the S5000 stop the action under the below listed conditions. Request this information from Fuji and got a 'canned' reply that really didn't answer the question.
1. at night under stadium lights on a high school football field
2. at full 10 optical zoom

I would like to buy this camera but need assurances that it will do the above.

Thank you to all that respond
shindewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2003, 4:49 AM   #2

Well, I understand why they couldn't answer you. This is a difficult question as nobody knows how much light there is available in your stadium. There has to be really much light for actionshots, but of course you can adjust ISO a.s.o. if possible.

Ten time zoom ? I say NO unless there's some kind of vibrations stabilisator in the digicam.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2003, 8:10 AM   #3

If you are wanting a camera with a long zoom to do actions shots at a night time football game then you need to start looking at DSLR cameras. The S5000 can take the shots but you will have to increase the ISO and increase the noise in the pictures. You can clean up the noise with software programs. My son used his at a Dallas Cowboy game and the pictures turned out very nice but somewhat noisy. For $300 the S5000 is a very good ultra zoom camera.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote