Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 14, 2010, 3:35 PM   #1
Default Fujifilm MX1500 power problem

I have a Fujifilm MX1500 which I have owned from new, I guess the camera is around 10 years old now.

Over the years the camera has performed faultlessly but recently, it has developed a fault whereby it switches off after a few seconds.

I have tried using new full charged batteries, turning off the auto power off function and deleting all pics from the 64mb smart media card, but the problem persists. I have lost the external power supply so cant test it with this, but IM fairly sure the new 2700ma rechargable batteries are OK.

I can make the camera work by holding the power on slider permanantly but obviously this is inconvenient.

Anyone know what could be causing this problem and how to fix it?
gunnag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:23 PM   #2
Default fujifilm mx-1500

I can only tell you that I have the same camera model which met the same demise.
I still have the mains adaptor which the camera functions with.
Usage with batteries appeared to become a problem after I had used the camera whilst snow skiing therefore I wonder if it was subjected to extremely cold temperature or took a hard impact.
Unfortunately without the use of battery function it is no longer portable enough for travelling.
Seems very odd how it works with mains supply but not batteries. I have tried a few newly charged batteries and still not worked.
mka29 is offline   Reply With Quote