Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 9, 2002, 2:36 PM   #1
Default Fuji S602

I need advice - I've decided to go digital and can't decide between a Nikon 4500 or a Fuji S602. My main hobby is macro work of small plants. From the reviews I've read, both have close macro but one review I read said that the S602 was "very fiddly" to use the 1cm super macro mode, as it has a "microscopic zone of focus". A dealer tells me he's sold a few 4500's to dentists for macro work. Can someone with experience or knowlege of both recommend which I should go for, or convince me that the Fuji S602 is the best!

I've been using a Pentax SLR with a Vivitar 1-1 Macro lens for years and getting excellent results - check out my website and picture galleries at www.conophytum.com
With digital, I don't understand how "macro to 1cm or 2cm" relates to my SLR macro lens 1-1 life size capability. Anyone enlighten me please?

[Edited on 8-10-2002 by cono]
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2002, 10:55 PM   #2

Between those two go for the Nikon 4500 it has a much more flexible macro zoom mode. In fact you can leave the camera in macro mode all the time as the range is from macro to infinity for the auto focus.

All cameras have rather shallow depth of field when working in macro mode so best results are to use tripod and the selftimer to avoid camera movement blurring.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2002, 11:30 PM   #3

don't for get the tripod. a bogen/manfrotto 3001pro is light manuverable and stiff. your choice of head
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote