Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:31 AM   #1
Default Fujifilm S1600

After much deliberation I went for a cheap option and bought myself a Fujifilm s1600 for 99 new from Amazon UK. I currently own a Nikon D300, just purchased a Fuji S3 pro and also own a cheap Sony HSC 20 automatic point and shoot. I was looking for a light camera that had decent range to use on family days out to take photos and some video of my family and dogs which saved me carrying my 20kg+ of DSLR gear.

I chose the S1600 for a few reasons. 15 * Optical zoom, HD video (fun feature to have even if the auto focus isn't great when zooming) up to iso 6400 when pushed, panoramic feature and to be honest for a walkabout point and shoot fun camera, it'll be hard to beat for 99 new.

I've checked out sample images on Photographyblog as there wasn't a full review on Steve's digicamsthere and downloaded a few of the sample images which were not bad however, after doing some simple curve correction and sharpening through post processing they were vastly improved.

Most reviews I read on this camera stated the obvious, excellent value with image quality although not best in it's class, up to scratch which will do me fine. I've also seen some very impressive images on flickr and what people have linked and posted in various websites and forums.

As soon as I get some decent images from the camera (when it arrives) I'll post some on this forum.

howiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links