Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:55 PM   #1

Default Firmware update for HS20EXR

Looks like there would be a firmware update for the Fujifilm HS20EXR as early as 18th of April, according to a forum in dpreview.

Hope this solves the heat problem as well as the focus hunting issue in video mode.
saketb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2011, 5:55 AM   #2

travelling in the same boat..
theironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2011, 4:50 PM   #3

Funny thing is I shot several 100 images of very intense working house fire yesterday that melted the front of two cars 30 ft from the house and I had no heat warning on the camera. The batteries were slightly warm when I removed them to change them out but not to the point I was worried about them being hot.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketb View Post
Looks like there would be a firmware update for the Fujifilm HS20EXR as early as 18th of April, according to a forum in dpreview.

Hope this solves the heat problem as well as the focus hunting issue in video mode.

Haven't had any heat issues. Auto focus seems to work correctly for me in video mode but I haven't used it much.

What I would like to see is for Fujifilm to fix the 'bulb' mode! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't bulb mode suppose to allow an unlimited open shutter as long as the shutter button is pressed? Currently, the 'b' shows up after the max per second open shutter time, but the bulb mode has a time limit to that max open shutter time. Not what I want to see! I want to be able to take a 10 - 30 minute open shutter of the night sky getting the stars streaking across the sky.

I've sent Fujifilm an e-mail 3 times now about this issue and as yet, have not received a reply

So does anybody else have this issue with the bulb mode on their Fujifilm Finepix HS20EXR? And was I correct in how the bulb mode is suppose to work?
Baseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 12:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
Haven't had any heat issues. Auto focus seems to work correctly for me in video mode but I haven't used it much.

What I would like to see is for Fujifilm to fix the 'bulb' mode! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't bulb mode suppose to allow an unlimited open shutter as long as the shutter button is pressed? Currently, the 'b' shows up after the max per second open shutter time, but the bulb mode has a time limit to that max open shutter time. Not what I want to see! I want to be able to take a 10 - 30 minute open shutter of the night sky getting the stars streaking across the sky.

I've sent Fujifilm an e-mail 3 times now about this issue and as yet, have not received a reply

So does anybody else have this issue with the bulb mode on their Fujifilm Finepix HS20EXR? And was I correct in how the bulb mode is suppose to work?
You are correct re: bulb mode. I, too, have emailed them but expect this to be remedied in the first firmware update.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote