Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:52 AM   #1
Default EXR processor help F300EXR

Can someone help me with my F300EXR please?

Unless I have a duff one, (and its too late for me to send back) the results dont seem to be that great, considering the excellent reviews it received. It seems very mediocre. One minute the results can be good, verging onto excellent (seems to be at medium focal length with nearby subjects central to the frame), the next absolutely abysmal with blurring, loss of sharpness, artificial smearing...need I go on. I paid good money, having had FUJI's which were great cameras in the past. To be honest, at low light it seems abysmal.

Previous 60 Fujifilm and 80 Pentax compact cameras seemed to produce results which were just as good if not better in some areas, although they only had 4x zooms. This F300EXR is not a patch on my old S6500fd.

Do I leave the EXR resolution setting on AUTO800 or change it to AUTO400 or do I manually overide it to 100 or 200 etc etc given the light conditions?

Ive tried everything, not sure what works and doesnt work really, as one minute it blurs, next it takes an excellent shot, next minute it looks like a watercolour.

I did try changing all the manual (A,S,P) to M size files, which just resulted in them looking even worse, like a camera phone had taken them.

All this EXR stuff seems like a bit of a novelty. Why introduce more pixels in the first place if 10 megapixels are enough for good results. Why dont Fuji just drop the marketing novelties and make a good sensor where you just 'click' instead of faffing around.

Sorry for the rant, just having a very bad day and very dissapointed in my f300exr.
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:25 AM   #2

Please take a look at this thread:

F70EXR Settings Update (applicable for all EXR cams)

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:07 AM   #3

Cheers Sarah, very much appreciated .
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote