Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 30, 2011, 6:25 AM   #31

This example of Pro Focus mode is quite successful I think. Just dont get your hopes up anyone else who might be thinking of depending on it, unless they have improved it in a major way for the HS-20. Also, in a way, the grain of the HIGH ISO allows the cameras software to blur the subject and background more succesfuly than say an ultra sharp ISO 100 yellow flower against green leaves etc etc with a higher contrast.

I wont bother putting any examples from my F300EXR up, they are quite shocking. The software simply cannot discriminate subject from background at times, resulting in pictures that look as if a toddler has used the blur tool on photoshop. I could post my examples if you wish, which were shot at 250th of a second, iso 100 with no movement of subject or background, and they look silly. So I wont bother.

btw, I have used Pentax SLRs with bright Pentax, Sigma and Tamron lenses in the past, so have a little bit of experience with this kind of thing. I just cant be bothered with SLRs anymore. I still think the HS-20 and Oly XZ-1 will be the way to go for my VERY amateur needs lol
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote