Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 5, 2011, 1:08 PM   #1
Default First HS20 photos

Here are links to my first images on the HS20.

The first two are my very first from inside my car in the parking lot outside the UPS package pickup office. Quite weird.

These next ones are of flowers around about:

My impressions of strengths and weaknesses so far...

Fantastic macro options and results
Fantastic zoom capability
Great medium to bright light focus
Great colors
Better than average 3" viewing screen. I like the auto sensing when the eye goes up to the viewfinder - turns off the 3" screeen)
Miracle working panorama modes. Shoot with camera horizontal or vertical.
Difficulty focusing in dim light (without flash - more responsive WITH flash up). And difficult focusing beyond 500mm or so (Mounting this or any camera on a tripod at these focal lengths would help framing, focusing, and steadiness tremendously.)
Near DSLR responsiveness in good light. Indoors, count on a bit more delay (half to a second) or occasionally out of focus shots EXR/auto modes. It is likely that in Manual modes, with things pre-set would probably be a lot quicker.
Either manual focus is nearly useless, or I haven't figured out the circumstances where it would be most helpful.

Overall, for me, this camera is a keeper. Now I can be a tourist without fumbling with lenses and getting a sore shoulder.

These next two are of one potted plant, the first showing the entire plant; how small the flowers are. The next is a close up of one of the flowers.

I think the colors from the camera are near perfect. Here is a macro of a Mexican Petunia blossom.

A 180 degree panorama that takes 8 seconds to shoot, and 4 seconds to stitch and process in camera.

Here is an architectural photo:

I wanted to see what brand of speaker was mounted on a 14' pole in the town square. The zoom is fantastic.

And finally, a video inside a dimly lit garage

Last edited by gfmucci; May 5, 2011 at 6:14 PM. Reason: add photos
gfmucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2011, 3:00 PM   #2

nice samples, and thanks for sharing them.
Lifeforms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2011, 3:23 AM   #3

wow your cruise control is way dirty
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2011, 6:38 AM   #4

I found a new use for this camera: I'll take macros around the house to see where I missed the dirt
gfmucci is offline   Reply With Quote