Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 16, 2004, 9:34 PM   #1
Default S 7000 (what else?)

Yesterday I held the Fiji S7000, and it felt very good to me. I also held the Nikon D-100, and the Pentax istD, but the price tags were too heavy on both of those models, so I concentrated on the Fuji.

The base price seems good. Although I could get the camera through the internet cheaper, I would prefer to deal with a local merchant, even if it is a chain store. I will also look at two Portland area stores that I spied in another post.

My questions today has to do with adaptors, and lenses. Fuji brand, or aftermarket? The Kits camera salesman explained that the wide angle lens I was looking at viewed wider than the Fuji brand. ??? I think he said it was a 14mm? Any opinions on aftermarket? Also, the aftermarket adaptor looked like a piece of PVC pipe with threads cut in it. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your replies. I also have tried to add an Avatar, but I'm not sure if it took.
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2004, 1:47 AM   #2

I got an aftermarket lens adapter for the S7000 from Ebay. I think i cost me $7 plus shipping. It converts from 55MM to 52MM, so I can use an Olympus A-200 teleconverter (1.5X). It works fine. The A-200 cost me about 90 bucks plus shipping from B&H Photo. It's much better than some of those super cheap lenses they sell on Ebay. Almost no distortion. If you are interested go to Ebay, type in S7000 in the search window and look for lens converters. They should still have a bundle of them as the S7000 seems to be growing in popularity.

Good luck. You might want to check out the prices on www.pricegrabber.com and look for a chain store that has a branch near you. However, I really recommend www.newegg.com. Great service, fast shipment.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote