Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 29, 2011, 9:47 AM   #1
Default Fuji F500exr at a concert

I am going to a concert in a few months and want a new camera. We are not allowed to take DSLR's in to UK concerts so that options out.

I was thinking of getting a F500exr as it has a good zoom (as i am not at the front), I like the exr function and I am a bit of a fan of Fuji's in general.

What are others opinions? I have about 200 - 250 to spend and I can get a F500 for 150.

Olympus E420, 17.5-45mm, 14-42mm, 40-150mm, 70-300mm and 25mm lens

Kodak Z950
Thunderchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:13 PM   #2

One of the most difficult photographic scenarios for a small sensor compact... dark,indoor and at a distance..!!
Your going to need a compact that has a reasonably wide aperture at the long end of the zoom(Fuji's is f/5.3... not the worst...)and ideally,have control of it,keeping it wide open via aperture priority- which the F500 has. You'll also need to utilise a fairly high iso setting- at least iso 800,maybe more- so decent high iso noise control is a requirement also- though again,the Fuji's not too bad in this department also.
Try and root around the flickr website and search for concerts- see what cameras they're using and see if they meet your requirements...
Here's a set taken with a Panasonic TZ7- though I'd go for the TZ8 which has manual controls...

Last edited by SIMON40; Oct 29, 2011 at 4:18 PM.
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote