Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 17, 2012, 4:13 AM   #1
Default xs-1 or Canon 60d

Considering to make a purchase and need some advice.

I previously owned Fuji S2 Pro (bought it back in 2003) until it finally died after 7 years, also a couple of FinePix50i until they died too. The thing I like it about Fuji is the colour reproduction was always spot on and never needed any post processing.

I now casually use a Canon G12 and Olympus u1030SW, both of which are great cameras, but sometimes there's something about the colour just isn't quite right or as appealing as the Fuji's were. Maybe it's me.

Anyway, I'm thinking of buying another DSLR and was disappointed at Fuji lineup, so I started looking at Nikon D300S & Canon 60D and although I prefer the "natural" feel of Nikon decided that Canon was better value for money and also like the LCD.

I then saw the Fuji XS-1...

OK, I know they are different cameras, but I can't help the niggling feeling that Fuji feels familiar and also the simplicity of not mucking around with lenses is appealing.

Me... I use the camera for street, portrait, candid and landscape. No real fast moving. Mostly daytime. I hate playing with shots, other than trimming. Photos are really just for snapshot prints, with occasion A4.

The Canon is really pushing my budget, but do-able. (Oh I should add that I sold my old Nikon lenses, so I'm starting from scratch)

I've handled both but haven't and can't get the opportunity to review the shots other than on the LCD. (3 inches is a big step up from that on my old S2 ;-))

Any thoughts, musings, advice welcomed.

New to the forum and really like it compared to others out there.
eatmorevegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links